Biography James R. Leininger, M.D.
- Miami High School, Graduated 1962
- Indiana University 1962-1965, Bachelor of Arts in Premedical Education
- Indiana University Medical School 1965-1969 Doctor of Medicine
- Internship and Residency—University of Miami Medical School, Family Medicine, 1969-1971
During Medical School, Dr. Leininger worked night shift and weekend hours all four years as a lab technician at Methodist Hospital and Indiana University Medical School Coleman Hospital in Indianapolis, Indiana to help pay expenses.
|1971||Applied Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Center for Disease Control (CDC), Atlanta, Georgia.|
|1972||Preventive Medicine, Academy of Health Sciences, Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas.|
|1971-72||Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Tropical Medicine, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Washington, DC.|
|1972||Applied Epidemiology and Control of Food Borne Diseases, Center for Disease Control (CDC), Atlanta, Georgia.|
|1972||Faculty Development Course, Academy of Health Sciences, Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio, Texas.|
- Adjunct Assistant Professor of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, University of Texas Medical School, San Antonio Texas 1972-73.
- Faculty Lecturer, Academy of Health Sciences, Fort Sam Houston, Texas, Division of Preventive Medicine 1971-73.
- 1971-1973, Major United States Army Medical Corps during Vietnam Conflict. Lectured on topics of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine at the Academy of Health Sciences, Fort Sam Houston, Texas. Honorably Discharged.
Private Medical Practice
- Family Practice, San Antonio, Texas 1973-1975.
- Emergency Medicine, a Director of the three Baptist Hospital Emergency Departments and also a Director of Metropolitan Hospital Emergency Department, San Antonio, Texas 1975-1986.
Scientific Papers Presented
|1979||Complications of Immobility—Applications of Kinetic Therapy, American Association of Critical Care Nurses, Indianapolis Chapter.|
|1980||Kinetic Therapy in Neurotrauma, Rocky Mountain Neurosurgical Society, Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming.|
|1980||Kinetic Therapy for Head Injury and SCI, Texas Medical Association, Houston, Texas.|
|1981||Applications of Kinetic Therapy in Neurotrauma, American Association of Neurosurgical Nurses, September 1981.|
|1981||Treatment of Head Injury Patient with Kinetic Therapy, Regional Conference on Head Trauma, Kansas City, Kansas.|
|1981||Kinetic Therapy—Applications in Respiratory Complications, Washington State Respiratory Therapy Society, May 1981.|
|1982||Prevention of Complications of Immobility with Kinetic Therapy, American Association of Critical Care Nurses, Virginia Beach, Virginia.|
|1985||Specialized Patient Care Technology, American Association of Physicians Assistants, May 1985.|
|1985||Pulmonary Aspects of Specialized Patient Care Equipment, Hawaii Society of Respiratory Care, Honolulu, Hawaii, August 1989.|
- Married to Cecelia, 37 years; Four children, 5 grandchildren. Thanks to God!
- Interests: Family and outdoor activities, especially fishing, bow hunting, scuba diving, hiking, etc.